Filled with a variety of berries, these buckwheat pancakes may be unconventional but they sure are a scrumptious alternative to the traditional ones.
Each serving contains
of your guideline daily amount
1. Place the milk, egg, salt and oil into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Sift the wholewheat and buckwheat flour.
3. Add the flour to the milk mixture gradually, stirring constantly until a smooth batter is formed. Allow the batter to rest for thirty minutes prior to cooking.
4. Spray pan with cooking spray and heat, pour in an eighth of the mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden on each side.
5. Remove from the pan and place between sheets of baking paper. Keep warm while repeating the process with the remaining mixture to create eight pancakes.
6. To serve, place a pancake onto a warm plate, add a spoon of 0% fat Greek yoghurt and 20g of mixed berries.
Kristine, 2 stone loss